Pinterest, a two-year old social wishlist that lets users collect and manage their interests is already becoming a significant source or traffic for retailers’ websites. A data from Compete indicates Pinterest’s traffic has increased more than fourfold between September 2011 and December 2011, bringing in 7.51 million visitors in December alone. While there’s no action for potential customers to buy your products directly from the site, Pinterest has the marketing potential to pin popular images (with links back to the original source) that can get repined on hundreds of other users’ boards.
How to improve your pins and pinboards click-through?
One of the best ways to get your company noticed is to start following the big names on Pinterest. This is a proven method on Twitter: When you follow popular figures, and they follow you back, other twitter users get the message and follow the leader.
Here are the 10 big figures on Pinterest with maximum followers, the list is inherently subjective:-
- Ben Silvermann: 882458 followers
2. Jane Wang: 2183950 followers
3. Christine Martinez: 992204 followers
4. Emilee Richardson: 399690 followers
5. Inge Falappino: 412376 followers
6. Joy Cho: 824657 followers
7. Evan Sharp: 694500 followers
8. The Perfect Palette: 242537 followers
9. Victoria Smith: 476436 followers
10. Sha Hwang: 162748 followers
While you are at it, don’t forget to check out http://pinterest.com/ishuinterest/!
Have you come across any interesting Pinterest accounts worth following? Let me know what you think of the selection, and feel free to suggest other top users.